Monday, January 11, 2010

Being Good Stewards

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Stewards are those who know God has blessed them in many ways.

The blessings of God include the gift of life itself. While life has its ups and downs, most of the time we are immensely grateful for the opportunity to be alive. There is so much in life to enjoy -- beautiful sunrises, good food, friendships, and the joy of human love. God gives us everything in life.

Best of all, God gives us the promise of love, God's presence, and the gift of forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ. We are truly blessed. As an old song says, "count your blessings before you sleep...."

Stewards do count their blessings. Stewards, as a result, want to give thanks to God in how they use life and by the gifts they share.

Prayer: "God, sometimes I become overwhelmed with so much to do, with never enough time to do it all. Lead me to a quiet place to sit with you to refresh my mind and body. Let me find hope and renewal with you. Then my weariness will fade away, and I will no longer feel faint as my spirit begins to soar in your presence."

No comments: